Brown and Wild Rice Salad Recipe
This side dish, developed by the Light & Tasty Test Kitchen, is twice as nice since it stars both brown and wild rice! Tangy raspberry vinegar complements the nutty flavor of the rice, while dried cranberries provide unexpected bursts of sweetness.
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, onion, cranberries, pecans and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 343 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Brown and Wild Rice Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC