This side dish, developed by the Light & Tasty Test Kitchen, is twice as nice since it stars both brown and wild rice! Tangy raspberry vinegar complements the nutty flavor of the rice, while dried cranberries provide unexpected bursts of sweetness.
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, onion, cranberries, pecans and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brown and Wild Rice Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p50
Reviews for Brown and Wild Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review