Brown and Wild Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, onion, cranberries, pecans and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Brown and Wild Rice Salad(6)
Sort By :
Love this salad. It does take longer to make when you use regular brown rice, so I try to plan ahead and make brown rice earlier in the week with a meal. I make sure to cook enough to have leftover brown rice for this tasty salad. One change I made is to use bottled raspberry pecan vinaigrette because I had it in the frig from another recipe.
I like this and so did other adults at our gathering, but it's not appealing to kids so I probably won't make it again for many years.
I was hoping my family would like this since it is certainly a healthy one. But, none of us really cared for it. Everyone agreed it was just "okay," but no one wanted it to be a repeat at our house.
Delicious salad. I made only one change, cutting the salt in half.
It's wonderful! It does take longer and is more healthy if you use long cooking rice! The instant or semi instant has lost some of the nutrients when in process!
More Recipe Collections
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >