- 1 package (6.7 ounces) mushroom-flavored brown and wild rice mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, cook rice mix according to package directions, omitting butter.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and green beans in oil for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, carrots and pepper; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Add vegetables and almonds to cooked rice; stir until blended. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brown and Wild Rice Medley in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p42
Reviews for Brown and Wild Rice Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review