I find this light and fluffy dessert to be popular at family gatherings and potlucks. —Sue Megonigle
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in 1-1/2 cups boiling water. Pour into an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Repeat with lime gelatin and raspberry gelatin, placing each in a separate 8-in. square dish.
- In a saucepan, combine unflavored gelatin and cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add lemon juice. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Reserve 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cut the orange, lime and raspberry gelatins into 1-in. cubes. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff. Fold in unflavored gelatin mixture, then fold in flavored gelatin cubes. Transfer to prepared dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Broken Glass Torte in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p241
Reviews for Broken Glass Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review