Broken Glass Gelatin Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 5 tablespoons sugar and butter; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice and remaining sugar. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over juice mixture; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl; cool.
- 3. Dissolve orange gelatin in 1-1/2 cups boiling water; pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Repeat with lime and strawberry gelatins and remaining boiling water, using additional loaf pans.
- 4. Gently fold whipped topping into pineapple juice mixture; cover and refrigerate. Cut flavored gelatins into 1-in. cubes; gently fold into whipped topping mixture. Spoon over crust. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 98 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Broken Glass Gelatin
"This was so easy! And it was delicious!! I doubled the crust, though. I'm adding to my recipe box!"