- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 5 tablespoons sugar and butter; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill.
- In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice and remaining sugar. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over juice mixture; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl; cool.
- Dissolve orange gelatin in 1-1/2 cups boiling water; pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Repeat with lime and strawberry gelatins and remaining boiling water, using additional loaf pans.
- Gently fold whipped topping into pineapple juice mixture; cover and refrigerate. Cut flavored gelatins into 1-in. cubes; gently fold into whipped topping mixture. Spoon over crust. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Broken Glass Gelatin in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p35
Reviews for Broken Glass Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2013
"This was so easy! And it was delicious!! I doubled the crust, though. I'm adding to my recipe box!"