Broken Glass Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, soften unflavored gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring pineapple juice to a boil. Stir in unflavored gelatin until dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside until slightly thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; press into a
- 3. greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill. Combine lime gelatin and 1-1/2 cups boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into an buttered 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan; chill until very firm.
- 4. Repeat with strawberry and orange gelatins. In a large bowl, gently fold whipped topping into pineapple juice mixture. When flavored gelatins are firm, cut into 1-in. cubes; gently fold into whipped topping mixture. Spoon over crust. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Broken Glass Dessert
"My mom made this often before she passed, but I never got her recipe. Thanks Angela for sharing it here!"
"Prepared this recipe for our daughters pre-birthday celebration in August. Ideal for a hot summer evening sweet dessert. Delicious and very easy to prepare!"
"This recipe always goes over well, especially with kids but adults love it too. I have used other gelatin flavors such as cherry and lemon."
"This is such a great dessert to eat. It's worth the little bit of extra work to make it. One of my favorites."