Broiled Zucchini with Rosemary Butter Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until crisp-tender. Spread with rosemary butter; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3 zucchini slices with 4 teaspoons rosemary butter) equals 101 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Broiled Zucchini with Rosemary Butter
"This was fast and easy."