In Central Point, Oregon, Sandra Hart broils garden-fresh zucchini and spreads it with a buttery herb topping.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 medium zucchini
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until crisp-tender. Spread with rosemary butter; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Zucchini with Rosemary Butter in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p56
Reviews for Broiled Zucchini with Rosemary Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2012
"This was fast and easy."