In Central Point, Oregon, Sandra Hart broils garden-fresh zucchini and spreads it with a buttery herb topping.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 medium zucchini
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until crisp-tender. Spread with rosemary butter; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Zucchini with Rosemary Butter in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p56
Reviews for Broiled Zucchini with Rosemary Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2012
"This was fast and easy."