Broiled Vegetable Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 slices peeled eggplant (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow summer squash (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup sliced zucchini (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 slices red onion (1/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 hard rolls, split and toasted
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 2 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini and onion. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Add Italian seasoning and cayenne; toss to coat.
- If broiling the vegetables, arrange on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. If grilling the vegetables, transfer to a grill wok or basket. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat or grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until tender and lightly browned.
- Spread roll bottoms with mayonnaise; layer with the basil, spinach, red peppers, tomato and jalapeno. Sprinkle with pepper. Top with vegetables; replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Broiled Vegetable Sandwiches
Sort By :
Please overlook the ridiculous rating by claylady01, who didn't even try the recipe. Try the recipe, then rate it, not the other way around.
I added more jalapenos, we just like more. Great recipe! With fresh veggies I need a new variation. I ate it as a sandwich, hubby is not big on carbs so he ate his plain but loved it also.
People, why are you rating a recipe you haven't tried? Stop doing that please.
I have made similiar but this sounds so good. I am looking forward to making this. If I know me, I will be definately making this a lot. Thanks for the recipe!
I can't wait to make this. It sounds amazing. I am always looking for things to grill rather than using the oven. I have made something similar but I have never thought to use all of those vegetables.