Broiled Tomatoes with Dill Sauce Recipe
"Last summer, we had lots of garden tomatoes and used them in every kind of recipe," writes Lavonne Hartel, field editor from Williston, North Dakota. "This favoritebroiled tomato halves and a rich dill sauceis one of the best."
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 4 large ripe tomato
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, Miracle Whip, onion and 3 teaspoons dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed; mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally. Spread each with 1/2 teaspoon butter; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining dill. Place on a baking sheet or broiler pan. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve with dill sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Tomatoes with Dill Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p41
Reviews for Broiled Tomatoes with Dill Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review