Broiled Tomatoes with Artichokes Recipe
Prepared ratatouille also makes a nice filling for tomatoes.
- 3 small tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. With a sharp knife, remove the seeds and pulp from the center of each tomato half. Place cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- 2. Combine the artichokes and cheese; place 2 tablespoons in the center of each tomato. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly.
- 3. Toss the bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over tomatoes. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 each: 145 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Broiled Tomatoes with Artichokes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC