Prepared ratatouille also makes a nice filling for tomatoes.
- 3 small tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- With a sharp knife, remove the seeds and pulp from the center of each tomato half. Place cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Combine the artichokes and cheese; place 2 tablespoons in the center of each tomato. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly.
- Toss the bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over tomatoes. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Tomatoes with Artichokes in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p254
Reviews for Broiled Tomatoes with Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2015
"I felt like there were too many bread crumbs and that they were a bit dry. Maybe I needed bigger tomatoes?"
Reviewed May. 20, 2013
"Very good and so easy."