Broiled Steaks with Parmesan-Sage Potatoes Recipe
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves, divided
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the paprika, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon sage. Add steaks, two at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. Broil steaks 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add brown sugar and remaining salt; saute 1 minute longer.
- 4. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese and remaining sage. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steaks and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
1 steak with 2/3 cup potatoes and 2 tablespoons onion equals 596 calories, 29 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 1,355 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.