This five-star meal would likely cost you around $25 in a restaurant, and that’s without the tip! Serve this to guests, and they’re sure to personally thank the chef. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves, divided
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the paprika, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon sage. Add steaks, two at a time, and shake to coat.
- Broil steaks 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add brown sugar and remaining salt; saute 1 minute longer.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese and remaining sage. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steaks and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Steaks with Parmesan-Sage Potatoes in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p9
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Broiled Steaks with Parmesan-Sage Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review