- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved
- marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and peppers in oil until
- tender. Serve on tortillas with beef and toppings. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 2 fajitas (calculated without toppings) equals 778 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,143 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 15 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.