Broiled Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: picante sauce, shredded cheese, guacamole and sour cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, oregano, sugar, chili powder, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain steak and discard marinade. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and peppers in oil until tender. Serve on tortillas with beef and toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 778 calories, 31g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1143mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 15g fiber), 38g protein
Reviews for Broiled Steak Fajitas
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.