Broiled Steak Fajitas Recipe
"I make these hearty fajitas all the time. Sometimes I like to add Portobello mushrooms to the onion and pepper mixture. The whole family loves them." —Amber Jensen, Whispering Pines, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: picante sauce, shredded cheese, guacamole and sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, oregano, sugar, chili powder, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain steak and discard marinade. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and peppers in oil until tender. Serve on tortillas with beef and toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Steak Fajitas in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Broiled Steak Fajitas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Steak Dinner >