- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped mild banana pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 2 chicken legs (5-1/2 ounces each)
- 2 chicken wings (3-1/2 ounces each)
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chili sauce, banana pepper, water, brown sugar, pepper sauce, pepper flakes, cayenne and Liquid Smoke if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with ranch dressing if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Spicy Chicken in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p21
Reviews for Broiled Spicy Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review