This open-faced sandwich has pretty flecks of pink shrimp, red tomatoes and green parsley. To save time, blend the spread the night before and refrigerate.
- 2 cups frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices English muffin bread or bread of your choice, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place about 1/4 cup of mixture on top of each slice of bread.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes or until top is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Shrimp Toast in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p5
Reviews for Broiled Shrimp Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2009
"So easy to make for an appetizer. I substituted the English muffins with baguettes. Very delicious"
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2009
"I DON`T CARE FOR ONION FLESH SO I SUBED FLAKES &VERY LITTLE PARSLEY,BUT USED TABASCO"