The crisp toast contrasts nicely with the mild-flavored shrimp topping in these savory snacks. Save time by assembling the topping the day before.—Jeff Johnston, Janesville, Wisconsin
- 10 slices day-old white bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Using a 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out four circles from each slice of bread. Place on a baking sheet. Combine butter and thyme; brush over bread circles. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, cheese, bread crumbs and mayonnaise (mixture will be dry and crumbly). Place 2 teaspoonfuls on each bread circle; press down gently. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Broiled Shrimp Canapes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p98
Reviews for Broiled Shrimp Canapes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review