Broiled Salmon with Mediterranean Lentils Recipe
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried green split peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute carrot and onion in oil until tender. Add the lentils, peas, garlic and capers; cook and stir 3 minutes longer.
- 2. Add the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Stir in lemon juice.
- 3. Spritz fillets with butter-flavored spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lentil mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 422 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 14g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Broiled Salmon with Mediterranean Lentils
"I'm not always crazy about Mediterranian dishes, but I liked thiss.The lebtils were a nice combination with the salmon and I felt like I was eating healthily."