Broiled Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (10 ounces)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Place salmon on a broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the fish with curry, then spray with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with cucumber sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 307 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Broiled Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce
"Where's the dill amount??"
"I omitted the curry on the salmon because we don't care for it. I sauteed the fillets in a small amount of olive oil in a nonstick skillet, then sprinkled with lemon juice. The cucumber sauce is delicious."