Broiled Red Potatoes
MU HUSBAND is a typical "meat and potatoes" man. Tired of the usual mashed or baked potato treatment, I began to experiment in the kitchen, and this recipe is the result.
Potatoes prepared this way go well with an omelet for breakfast or a steak for dinner.
-Mary Favatella Becker, Mohnton, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 unpeeled medium red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices; place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes. Cover and cook on
- high for 30-60 seconds or until butter melts. Place potatoes in a
- single layer on a greased baking sheet. Broil for 5-6 minutes on
- each side or until browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 151 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.