Broiled Pork Chops
These zippy, tender chops are one of my mother's specialties. She's been making them for years. I still request this delightful main dish when our family gets together to celebrate birthdays and other occasions.
Lisa Andis, Morristown, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set
- aside half of the sauce.
- Broil about 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with
- remaining sauce. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve
- with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 811 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.