Broiled Pork Chops with Mango Sauce Recipe
- 3 medium mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 boneless butterflied pork chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a blender, combine the mangoes and broth; cover and process until smooth. In a small saucepan, combine the mango puree, preserves and coriander. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with lemon-pepper. Broil chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with mango sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 431 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.