Broiled Pizza Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 10 slices process cheese (Velveeta), divided
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with cornstarch; stir until blended. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, salt and onion salt. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add six cheese slices; cook and stir until cheese is melted and blended.
- 2. Place hamburger buns cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each bun half. Cut remaining cheese slices in half diagonally; place over meat mixture. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 560 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,550 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.