For that “little something” sweet after a filling fall meal, try this scrumptious, cinnamon-sprinkled dessert from our Test Kitchen. It couldn't be much easier.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- In an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan, overlap pineapple in two
- stacks of two slices each. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon;
- sprinkle over pineapple.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until sugar is
- melted. Top with marshmallows; broil 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or
- until marshmallows are golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 98 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.