- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- In an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan, overlap pineapple in two stacks of two slices each. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pineapple.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until sugar is melted. Top with marshmallows; broil 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Broiled Pineapple
"This sounded so good I had to try it, I used a can of chunk pineapple (all I had on hand) added 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans stirred together with half the juice...poured into glass baking dish and BAKED at 350 for 15min. then topped with marshmallows and broiled until golden brown. Served over pound cake. This was a big hit at our company party, had so many requests for the recipe I had to print it out and hand out copies!"
"I had to make this with crushed pineapple since it was all I had. Followed the recipe otherwise. Only problem I had was the marshmallows took about 20 seconds before they started to brown/burn. I would suggest standing by broiler to watch closely. Since it was crushed pineapplies, I stirred the marshmallows into the mixture. The family loved it!"