Broiled Pear Dessert
This sweet finale, from Karen Jurack of North Riverside, Illinois, is the perfect solution for pears that aren’t quite ripe. For a real treat, top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium ripe pears, halved and cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Brush pears with lemon juice; place on a broiler pan, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and almonds; cut in butter until
- crumbly. Sprinkle over pears. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3
- minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pear halves (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 222 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.