Broiled Parsley Tomatoes
"I get loads of compliments on this tomato side dish," relates Howie Wiener of Spring Hill, Florida. "My mother shared the quick recipe with me. She loved to make great-tasting meals but preferred spending time with us rather than in the kitchen."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 large plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- With a knife, make deep cuts in the cut surface of each tomato. Place
- tomatoes cut side up on a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl,
- combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over tomatoes. Broil 3-4
- in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 89 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.