Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes Recipe
I love to make this recipe when tomatoes are at their peak—the tomatoes almost melt in your mouth.—Joylyn Trickel
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Slice tomatoes in half. Using a small spoon, remove seeds. Place tomato halves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil, garlic and pepper. Brush over tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil.
- 2. Broil about 6 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over tomatoes. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until crumbs are lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
One tomato half equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC