I love to make this recipe when tomatoes are at their peak—the tomatoes almost melt in your mouth.—Joylyn Trickel
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice tomatoes in half. Using a small spoon, remove seeds. Place tomato halves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil, garlic and pepper. Brush over tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil.
- Broil about 6 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over tomatoes. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until crumbs are lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p9
Reviews for Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review