Broiled Parmesan Tilapia
Even picky families will change their minds about eating fish with this toasty, cheesy Parmesan-coated dish. I serve it with mashed cauliflower and a green salad for a low-carb meal everyone loves. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. In a small
- bowl, combine remaining ingredients; spread over fillets.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 207 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.