Broiled Parmesan and Swiss Tomatoes
Serving steak or tenderloin tonight? Here’s the ideal accompaniment. “It’s a winner every time and so simple to double for guests.” —Mary Price, Youngstown, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan;
- dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes or
- until butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining butter
- and onions. Microwave, uncovered, on high 2-3 minutes or until
- onions are tender. Stir in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and
- garlic powder; spoon over tomatoes. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Broil 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tomato half equals 220 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.