Broiled Parmesan and Swiss Tomatoes Recipe
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Place tomatoes, cut side up, in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes or until butter is melted.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining butter and onions. Microwave, uncovered, on high 2-3 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and garlic powder; spoon over tomatoes. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 tomato half: 220 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Broiled Parmesan and Swiss Tomatoes
"Yum!! So easy and so good."
"My 15 year old son picked this recipe to cook with me. I never expected him to like it. He loved it and devoured the whole thing! I substituted chives for the green onion."
"My forteen yr old son and I were flipping through recipes and we came acrossed The Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes. It was really good ...the only thing we modifyed was we used fresh minced garlic;) Thanks for the quick and easy recipesI love spending time in the kitchen with you JD"
"This was very good. I used cherry tomatoes and made them bite size."