- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining butter and onions. Microwave, uncovered, on high 2-3 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and garlic powder; spoon over tomatoes. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Broiled Parmesan and Swiss Tomatoes
"Yum!! So easy and so good."
"My 15 year old son picked this recipe to cook with me. I never expected him to like it. He loved it and devoured the whole thing! I substituted chives for the green onion."
"This was very good. I used cherry tomatoes and made them bite size."