- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and minced, optional
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 extra-large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Shredded lettuce or sliced cucumbers, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet red pepper, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp on metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting cooked sides of shrimp frequently with reserved marinade. Serve shrimp over lettuce or cucumbers and sprinkle with red pepper if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Lime Shrimp in Country Woman July/August 1991, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Broiled Lime Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review