Broiled Halibut Steaks with Raspberry Sauce for 2 Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh raspberries and lemon wedges, optional
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; stir in the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 2. Broil halibut 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with butter mixture.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, heat the jam, onion and mustard until jam is melted, stirring once. Serve with fish. Garnish with raspberries and lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 427 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.