Broiled Halibut Kabobs Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds halibut fillets
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 to 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cut fish into 1-in. pieces. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the fish, green pepper, onion, pineapple and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients until blended.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 399 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Broiled Halibut Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.