This easy-to-prepare dish lends eye-catching appeal to a winter breakfast or brunch. Brown sugar sweetens the tart fruit, and the sugared grapes add a pretty accent. —Vicki Holloway, Joelton, Tennessee
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 medium pink grapefruit
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Seedless red and green grape clusters
- Cut each grapefruit in half horizontally. With a sharp knife, cut
- around each section to loosen fruit. Place grapefruit halves, cut
- side up, in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sugar; sprinkle over
- grapefruit. Drizzle with butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat until
- sugar is bubbly.
- For garnish, rinse grape clusters and dip in remaining sugar. Place
- on grapefruit; serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 each equals 119 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.