This easy-to-prepare dish lends eye-catching appeal to a winter breakfast or brunch. Brown sugar sweetens the tart fruit, and the sugared grapes add a pretty accent. —Vicki Holloway, Joelton, Tennessee
- 5 medium pink grapefruit
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Seedless red and green grape clusters
- Cut each grapefruit in half horizontally. With a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place grapefruit halves, cut side up, in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sugar; sprinkle over grapefruit. Drizzle with butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat until sugar is bubbly.
- For garnish, rinse grape clusters and dip in remaining sugar. Place on grapefruit; serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Grapefruit in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p36
Reviews for Broiled Grapefruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review