- 5 medium pink grapefruit
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Seedless red and green grape clusters
- Cut each grapefruit in half horizontally. With a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place grapefruit halves, cut side up, in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sugar; sprinkle over grapefruit. Drizzle with butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat until sugar is bubbly.
- For garnish, rinse grape clusters and dip in remaining sugar. Place on grapefruit; serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Broiled Grapefruit
Sort By :
I had to chuckle when I saw this as my Home Economics teacher taught me this in 1958, it's still a fun change and tasty!
This recipe has become a tradition for Mother's Day breakfast! Delicious!!
This grapefruit dish is so good, my family wants it repeatedly. It's a keeper, for sure, and will end up in my recipe box.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Fruit Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >