Broiled Ginger Cod
"I think fish makes the easiest and healthiest of weeknight dinner entrees," notes Carol Gaus from Itasca, Illinois. "Fresh ginger perks up this moist cod, but the treatment is good with any firm whitefish,"
3 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour a third of
- the mixture into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Arrange cod fillets in a
- single layer over top. Spoon remaining yogurt mixture over fillets.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer fillets to a broiler pan coated with
- cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon butter. Broil 4 in. from
- the heat for 6 minutes. Carefully turn fillets; brush with remaining
- butter. broil 6-8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 231 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 fiber,