- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour a third of the mixture into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Arrange cod fillets in a single layer over top. Spoon remaining yogurt mixture over fillets. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer fillets to a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes. Carefully turn fillets; brush with remaining butter. broil 6-8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Ginger Cod in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Broiled Ginger Cod
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review