Broiled Ginger Cod Recipe
"I think fish makes the easiest and healthiest of weeknight dinner entrees," notes Carol Gaus from Itasca, Illinois. "Fresh ginger perks up this moist cod, but the treatment is good with any firm whitefish,"
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour a third of the mixture into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Arrange cod fillets in a single layer over top. Spoon remaining yogurt mixture over fillets. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer fillets to a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes. Carefully turn fillets; brush with remaining butter. broil 6-8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Ginger Cod in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p54
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Broiled Ginger Cod(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >