Broiled Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
One of my mother's friends gave her this recipe in the late '40s. I grew up eating these sandwiches, and they've been a staple with my own family. Although our children have left home, I still make this dish often for my husband and me to enjoy. -Barbara Suetholz, Racine, Wisconsin
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, saltines, celery and pimientos. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, salt, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Stir into the egg mixture.
- 2. Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each muffin half; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 694 calories, 54 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 340 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Broiled Egg Salad Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC