Broiled Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, saltines, celery and pimientos. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, salt, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Stir into the egg mixture.
- 2. Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each muffin half; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 694 calories, 54 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 340 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Broiled Egg Salad Sandwiches
"<p>I omitted the saltines and the milk when I made this recipe. It is a good easy light dinner or lunch recipe. I like egg salad but had never thought about having it as a hot sandwich. Thanks for the recipe.</p>"
"@ Tommie G, you can always reduce the amount of sodium in the recipe, use garlic powder instead of garlic salt, use low sodium saltines, as well as use light mayonnaise instead of full fat mayo - or even no fat/fat-free mayo if you like that. And even use 2%, 1% or skim milk and not use whole milk. It is really not that difficult to "doctor" up the recipe to have less fat and less sodium, but still taste good.But there is no need to disrespect another's recipe on here and talk about the nation's obesity rates. It isn't the OP's fault that the nation is becoming obese. But with comments like yours, it does show a lack of disrespect for others that is becoming epidemic in our society."
"love these sandwiches!"
"Thank you, Rachel, for this recipe. It's very, very good! Reminds me of my grandmother's recipe only this is made with muffins. Will definitely make a lot of these sandwiches!!! Katherine, Arvada CO"
"With 54 grams of fat and 1,034 mg of sodium, I will never make this recipe. No wonder this nation is suffering from an epidimic of obesity."