One of my mother's friends gave her this recipe in the late '40s. I grew up eating these sandwiches, and they've been a staple with my own family. Although our children have left home, I still make this dish often for my husband and me to enjoy. -Barbara Suetholz, Racine, Wisconsin
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, saltines, celery and pimientos. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, salt, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Stir into the egg mixture.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each muffin half; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Egg Salad Sandwiches in Reminisce May/June 2002, p50
Reviews for Broiled Egg Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review