Broiled Cod Recipe
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder, curry powder, paprika and pepper
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the dressing, sugar and seasonings. Add the fish; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 10-30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade; place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Place 1 teaspoon butter on each fillet; let stand until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cod fillet equals 170 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.