- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Preheat broiler. In a shallow bowl, mix first seven ingredients; add cod, turning to coat. Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Place fillets on a greased rack of a broiler pan; discard remaining marinade. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-12 minutes. Top with butter. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Broiled Cod
"was really good. I didn't have any curry powder, so I used a little cajun seasoning...... will definitely make again."
"This was not the greatest recipe. It was ok on the salmon, but the tilapia it was not good. I think it needed to soak in milk before marinading it to get some of the fishy taste out."
"Not bad...just didn't have much flavor. The marinade smelled amazing but maybe it just needs to sit longer. I marinaded mine for about 20 minutes. I might try this recipe again sometime since it was easy and I feel has potential."
"Tasteless; bland; disappointing. Many better recipes than this."
"The BEST ! ! !"
"I made this last night and it was a hit with my fish loving husband. I'm not much of fish eater, but I thought it was good as well. I had two cod fillets in the freezer, but wanted to make enough for leftovers as well. I couldn't find cod at the store, so I bought flounder fillets. We both think the marinade was even better with the flounder."
"We've never had cod fish before & this recipe was so easy and delicious."
"Recipe was easy to make. Fish was very flaky."
"Delicious. My whole family loved it. I definitely recommend using the broiler pan."