Broiled Cod with Herb Sauce Recipe
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, tarragon and rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Sprinkle fillets with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, herbs and remaining salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over cod; sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce and 1 tablespoon pine nuts equals 259 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.