- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, tarragon and rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Sprinkle fillets with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, herbs and remaining salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over cod; sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Cod with Herb Sauce in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p26
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Broiled Cod with Herb Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review