Broiled Cod with Herb Sauce Recipe
A flavorful white sauce dresses up cod fillets in this high-protein main dish from Tacoma, Washington’s Rachel Niemeyer. Pine nuts lend a little crunch for a special finishing touch.
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, tarragon and rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Sprinkle fillets with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, herbs and remaining salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over cod; sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Cod with Herb Sauce in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Broiled Cod with Herb Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >