Broiled Chicken Tenderloin Sandwiches Recipe
I'm always looking for new ways to serve chicken, and these tangy hot sandwiches have become a favorite. My husband and 5-year-old always ask for seconds. —Jessica Dieters, Laramie, Wyoming
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 Italian sandwich buns, split
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper, basil and garlic salt until smooth; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice and remaining lemon-pepper; set aside.
- 2. Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Spoon half of lemon juice mixture over top. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes. Turn chicken; top with remaining lemon juice mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until the chicken juices run clear.
- 3. Place buns cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Spread cut side of each bottom half with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Layer with chicken, onion and lettuce; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 532 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 49 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC